Having successfully completed pupillage in October 2017 under the supervision of Simon Clegg and Rosalyn Carter, William is developing a busy practice with a focus on public, employment and commercial law.
William appears regularly in the County Court, High Court, Family Court and Employment Tribunal. He frequently appears against senior juniors, and has appeared alone in the High Court against a QC. He is also comfortable with assisting at earlier stages of proceedings, whether by drafting documents or advising in writing or in conference.
Prior to being called to the Bar, William worked as clerk to the Rt. Hon. Lord Justice Beatson for six years. He observed and assisted with hearings in the High Court, Employment Appeal Tribunal and Court of Appeal.
William is a fluent speaker of Russian, and is happy to accept instructions in cases with an international element, particularly involving Russia or the former USSR.
In his spare time, William enjoys theatre, cricket, football and walking.
Membership of Professional Organisations
- The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- BPTC (University of Law) – Very Competent
- GDL (BPP Law School) – Commendation
- MA Russian and East European Literature and Culture (University College London) – Pass
- BA (Hons) Russian Studies (University of Birmingham) – First Class
Scholarships and prizes
- Ecclesiastical Law Society – Inter-Inn Mooting Shield (2015, representing Gray’s Inn)
- Gray’s Inn – Lord Justice Holker Scholarship (2014)
- Gray’s Inn – CPE Scholarship (2012)
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue