St Philips Chambers, 55 Temple Row, Birmingham, B2 5LS
Date & Time: 12/06/2019 | 4:00pm - 6:00pm (registration 3:30pm)
CPD: 2 Hours
Phil McGovern FPFS (Chartered Financial Planner – Managing Director MPA Financial Management Ltd):
Pensions & Divorce
- Sharing/Earmarking/Offset – What do they mean in the context of divorce?
- Pros and cons of each to the giving party and the receiving party
- How can the receiving party “get at the money”?
- How can the giving party make sure they can still “get at the money”?
- Final Salary Schemes v Money Purchase
- Calculation of a CETV and what factors influence the CETV
- Quality of income v Quality of fund
- Are all final salary schemes of equal value?
- Income generation: Annuity v Drawdown
- Different types of annuity: Impaired life v conventional
- Pound cost ravaging: the effects of investment returns on drawdown income
- Is it sustainable for life? What are the risks?
- Death Benefits of each and tax planning angles
Inheritance and Trusts
- When a person has wealth but no absolute entitlement to it, what does that mean in the context of a divorce?
- Is it possible for needs arising from the marriage to be met by wealth outside of the marriage?
- How can a party “get at the money”?